The METIS: MicroElectronics Training, Industry and Skills project contributes to the EU competitiveness in microelectronics by addressing the shortcomings in education, skills and employability, paving the way for EU leadership in data driven technologies through permanent anticipation of skills and competences, developing and delivering joined innovative training programmes.
METIS is a consortium of 20 partners from 14 countries connecting microelectronics industry Start-Ups, SMEs and Large Firms with national and EU industry associations, formal educational providers and regulatory bodies in the field of accreditation and certification.
The METIS project advances the growth strategy of the European microelectronics sector by:
• Establishing the EU Microelectronics Observatory & Skills Council, platform for exchange and monitoring of skills needs in the microelectronics sector
• Developing the Microelectronics Sector Skills Strategy, helping to address the demand and supply of skills in microelectronics industry
• Federating European synergies towards the needs of data-driven technologies, enabled by advanced microelectronics and its skills requirements
• Introducing innovative learning-outcome-based curricula jointly developed by industry & education providers
• Identifying jobs of the future, define related occupational profiles and monitor progress in the domain of human capital for microelectronics
METIS is a Sector Skills Initiative (Key Action 2) and co-funded by the Erasmus+ Program.
1st Oct, 2019 / 1st Oct, 2023
Link to the initiative
Industrial FIT4FoF areas
Main focus of initiatives
Communication and dissemination activities
Event, forum or network
Policies and regulation
Training / Education
Extent of the initiative
Sector(s) targeted by the initiative